Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Ramona Rocks iTunes Festival in London

The Sexy, Sultry Karen Anne
As I've said before, I've been watching the iTunes Festival all this weekend. It's been great, the sound is really great, the music is great and it really is the next best thing to being there. Anyway, I was blown away Sunday night by this band called Ramona, and their lead singer, Karen Anne. It's funny how the supporting acts actually seem to be outshining the main acts so far. I thought it was that way with the Smoke Fairies when they played in front of Seasick Steve (who was still great himself btw) but wow, Ramona was a revelation. Their setlist included songs like "Tell That Girl," "Trophy Wife," and my personal favorites, "New York City," and "Steve McQueen." There was even a distraction of some kind at one point during their rendition of "Five Years," some kind of loud noise that would have halted the momentum of even the most seasoned band but they played through it like champs. I urge you to check their album when it drops later this year, I was a little disappointed that I couldn't buy it on iTunes right on the spot after their performance, they've only got a couple of songs (How Long, and Steve McQueen) available on an EP and even that's only available in the UK store. Bummer, but I look forward to seeing them in concert in America hopefully sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment